The Bulahdelah Post Office was established under the name of “Myall River” in 1863. This sight was purchased from Charles Pile for 100 pounds. The postal inspector recommended the erection of a weatherboard building to provide an office of about 20 feet by 16 feet, a public lobby, and a residence with four living rooms, Kitchen etc. The tender of R Mitchell of Gloucester was accepted, the work to be completed in fifteen weeks at a cost of 639 pounds. The building was completed on 31st July 1904 and occupied on 29th August 1904. J P Carter was Postmaster from 1882 until 1908. The provision of money order facilities for Bulahdela was approved on 1st January, 1878. The Myall River post office was opened on 1st January, 1863, in charge of schoolmaster Alfred T. Olive, who was paid an allowance of 12 pounds per annum for his postal duties.